Welcome to 117 Bernard Ave.
A rare offering in the heart of family-friendly Toronto neighbourhood, The Annex, this warm, charming semi-detached income property with three apartments is the ultimate investment opportunity.
Lovingly updated and maintained as the Seller’s own home, this is a great opportunity to live in while collecting rental revenue or easily convert to single-family home. Filled with exceptional charm & character, original details, bright principal rooms and a landscaped fenced-in backyard (with an enchanting secret door) perfect for the kids to play safely outside.
Enjoy living within a hop-skip-jump to top-notch private and public schools, some of the city’s best grocery stores and parks (Jean Sibelius, Vermont Square, St. Albans), two subway stations, and so much more!
Upper 2nd & 3rd Floor Unit: $3500/month
• Tenanted on month-to-month lease; agrees to offer vacant possession June 30, 2019.
• Original structural condition with substantial remodelling including new chef’s kitchen, custom cabinetry, high-end appliances (WOLF dual-range gas stove and electric oven, Miele dishwasher, washer & dryer and Fisher Paykel fridge.
Main Floor Unit: $1585/month
• Tenanted one year lease expiring June 30, 2019; agrees to offer vacant possession June 30, 2019.
• Original condition ready for your personal touch, many character details including coved ceilings, living room window overlooking front yard, wood-burning fireplace, hardwood floors and upgraded appliances.
Lower Level Unit: $2200/month on Air BnB
• Extensively renovated on permit (2016), this legal basement apartment was underpinned, has 7’9 ceilings, polished concrete heated flooring, high-end appliances and fixtures, custom butcher block island and large operable windows to keep life bright & sunny.
Annual Property Expenses:
• Property Taxes – $8914.16 (2018)
• Enbridge (Gas)—$1950/yr
• Toronto Hydro—$1700/yr
• City of Toronto Utility (water/garbage)—$1400/yr
- Storage area under front deck
- Front stairs and porch completely rebuilt July 2017
Specifications and Inclusions:
- Extensive renovation completed Spring 2016
- Underpinned basement, new finished ceiling height of 7’9”
- Polished concrete floors
- All renovations to code, as separate and legal dwelling
- Radiant heated floors throughout
- Bosch fridge, Miele electric cooktop, stainless steel dishwasher & oven
- Wall-mounted toilet
- Shower fixtures from Ginger’s
- Custom-made butcher block table/counter
- Custom-made barn door & hardware for bedroom
- Miele washer & dryer (in bedroom closet)
- Recessed LED lighting
- Large, operable windows
- Original, non-renovated condition (coved ceilings, hardwood floors in bedroom & living room)
- Washer & dryer
- New gas range (2018)
- Bathroom w/ tub/shower
Upper 2nd & 3rd Floor Unit:
- Remodelled Fall 2015
- Repainted throughout
- Chef’s kitchen substantially upgraded with new cabinets and high-end appliances:
- Wolf dual fuel range (gas cooktop, electric oven)
- Miele dishwasher
- Fisher Paykel fridge
- Large bathroom has Miele washer & dryer, jacuzzi-style tub and shower
- Bedrooms have skylights w/ home-made (but really effective) blackout screens
- Hardwood floors in living, dining and bedrooms
- Back bedroom has sink & vanity
- Water main upgraded (all the way to City main) to 1” service
- Inclusions—Light fixtures, all appliances, all window treatments
- Exclusions—Furnishings, artwork, tenants’ personal items
- All units share the same boiler, but hot water heating divided into two zones (basement, rest of house); two thermostats (basement & main)
- Eavestroughs on front and side of house replaced 2018